Reservations for band camp rooms are open for senior, junior and sophomore marching band students as of noon today.
Freshmen will be able to reserve their rooms beginning Monday, July 1. All students have until 8pm on July 10th to select a room and a roommate.
For those new to the band program, here are some details about how room reservations work.
- Reservations are made online through the website.
- Only STUDENTS can make reservations.
- We set aside rooms on the first floor of the dormitory for seniors only. Seniors aren't required to select those rooms, but only seniors can reserve them. If a senior wants to room with an underclassman they cannot reserve a room on the first floor.
- Students are free to room with any other student of the same gender (although only seniors can be placed in rooms in the senior-only block of rooms).
- Once you have reserved a room, if there is still space for someone else in the room you can hold a space for them as well.
- Once you've made your reservation, you can change it to any other eligible room with remaining space up until reservations are closed on July 10.
- It is likely, but NOT CERTAIN, that rooms with adjacent numbers in the room list will be close together in the dormitory. Note that there is NO WAY to guarantee that a particular room will be adjacent to another one -- final room assignment will be made later based on the exact layout of the dormitory floors. IN GENERAL we place upperclassmen on lower floors. The first floor is reserved for seniors, the second floor tends to be mainly juniors, etc. But, rooms on floors 2-4 can be assigned to any student. Note: There are elevators in the dormitory.
- Students who have not made a reservation by the time reservations close will be assigned to remaining spaces.
- Requests for room changes after reservations close cannot be honored, as we have to submit room lists to the university ahead of camp so that keys can be issued.
- All of the rooms are double rooms -- two students in a room with a bathroom/shower *or* two single rooms connected by a shared bathroom/shower. There is no way to specify which configuration you receive.
To make a reservation:
1. Sign in to the website as a STUDENT.
2. On the "Groups" menu, select "Reservations".
3. You will see a list of upcoming events for which reservations will be available at some point. Find the entry for "Band Camp 2015".
4. In that row will be a link for "Room". Click it.
5. You will see a list of all available rooms. Click on a room to see who has reserved it. You can browse the rooms to find the one you want to be in.
6. When you have found the room you want, click the "Reserve" button. You will be placed in that room unless someone else has reserved it since you opened the reservation page.
7. After you have reserved the room, you can hold any remaining slot in that room for another eligible student who hasn't yet made a reservation. This is how you select your roommate.
8. That's it! If you have any problems, click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and select the proper topic for your message. We'll work with you to fix the issue.
Now go practice playing.